f

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Sunday Night Reflections



At birth we boarded the train, met our parents, and we believed they would always travel by our side. However, at some station. our parents stepped down from the train, leaving us on the journey alone.

As time goes by, other people will board the train, and they will be significant, like our siblings, friends, children, and even the love of our life. Many will step down and leave a permanent vacuum. Others will go so unnoticed that we don't realize they vacated their seats. This train will be full of joy, sorrow, fantasy, expectations, hellos, goodbyes, and farewells.

The mystery to everyone is:
We do not know at which station we ourselves will step down. So, we must live in the best way, love, forgive, and offer the best of who we are. Success consists of having a good relationship with all passengers requiring that we give the best of ourselves. It is important to do this because when the time comes for us to step down and leave our seat empty, we should leave behind beautiful memories for those who will continue to travel on the train of life.

I wish you a joyful journey. Reap success and give lots of love. More importantly, thank God for your journey.

And lastly, I thank you for being one of the passengers on my train....... 



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. A friend of mine(aTexas friend :), sent this to me this past week. I thought it was really beautiful.

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful -- thank you for sharing! Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful way to think of our time in this world. Brings tears to my eyes, thinking of those who have stepped off my train. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply lovely, thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Do you know who wrote this? Id like to give credit. I run a food pantry and I know many are reeling with the events of the past week. I'd like to slip this into each bag of food we hand out. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea who the author is. A friend of mine sent it to me this week, loved it and wanted to pass it along. I found this link, http://theprayergate.com/Pages6/TheTrain.html And it says that the author is unknown. So sorry I could not be more help.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for your post Rhonda - it helped me put my day back into the right perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy Nancy. What I post on Sunday night has meant something to me and I always hope that it will also meet a need for someone else.

      Delete