f

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Eating For Your Future/Ginger Nut Bites, a Treat For Everyone

During the holidays, it can be especially difficult to stay on track with a healthy diet. Sweets are everywhere to be found and let's face it, it's almost impossible not to indulge as most everyone loves a sweet treat from time to time. 
I found this fabulous recipe for Ginger Nut Bites from Molly of Momo Wellness. Her blog is all about trying to help people follow a healthy lifestyle.  
The Bites are not only delicious, they are vegan, paleo, gluten-free, raw, and sugar free. But they are sweet and satisfying! You may use a mixture of raw nuts, I used a combination of almonds and walnuts. 
Ginger Nut Bites
2 cups raw nuts(almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews)
6 soft medjool dates, chopped
2 tablespoons unsulphered blackstrap molasses 
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced
Pinch of ground nutmeg and ground cloves
Dash of sea salt(optional)
Shredded coconut for rolling 

Begin by adding nuts to a food processor and pulse until nuts are ground into small pieces.
Once the nuts have been processed, add the rest of the ingredients, except for the coconut. Add 1/2 tablespoon of water if the mixture is too sticky and not forming a ball. 
Once processed, scoop out 1 tablespoon of the mixture and form into a ball. Roll in coconut.
The recipe makes up approximately 18 balls. 
These are nice to have on hand anytime you need a little pick me up. The nuts provide a burst of protein and the blackstrap molasses is loaded with iron, so great for your blood.
You can find the original recipe HERE. Be sure to look around a bit once you visit her blog, as she has loads of great recipes.
Enjoy!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

5 comments:

  1. These look delicious. Thanks for another great recipe. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound wonderful. I love treats like this. I just have to get some dates and I am good to go. Have you tried the dessicated coconut? I get mine at the health food store. It has no sugar at all and has MUCH MORE flavor than the shredded coconut you can buy in the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bunny. I have tried the coconut and I love it.

      Delete
  3. I see this being incorporated in to my holiday baking. Looks scrumptious!
    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great. Thanks for sharing. It reminds me of a recipe my mom used to make. Hers had the dates and I don't remember what else. And you rolled them in balls and then in coconut. I'll be giving your recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete