f

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The Wednesday Showcase

Isn't it wonderful when we have the chance to reconnect with something we love to do, or have forgotten how much we love the task? Last Friday, I had the opportunity to take a Fashion Illustration class with Judith Baer. She is my kind of teacher, the type of teacher who breaks the lesson down in such a way that you have instant success and makes you feel that what seemed overwhelming, really isn't at all. A little later today, I'll show you a few sketches that I'm working on for the MSDP Fashion Illustration module. I'm having so much fun!
But the first order of the day is The Wednesday Showcase and once again, this is a post that is packed with inspiration.

First up is a lovely blogger, Meg McCarthy of www.cookinandcraftin.blogspot.com She's a talented sewist with a heart of gold. Not only does she sew for herself, but all of her family and friends too!
I wore jumpsuits in high school and have not embraced the return, until I saw this super cute make of Meg's, McCall's 6083. Not only stylish, it looks so comfortable.

What a fun take on a beach cover up, the Mojave from Seamwork. They call it the caftan that goes beyond the beach. 

I just couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this lovely make. It's the Union St. Tee from Hey June. Check out not only the couldn't be more perfect job on the neckline binding, but the super cute sergered finish. Meg's made a number of these tops. I can see why.
As I said, she's quite generous with her sewing time. A friend was getting married, so she decided to make this super cute nightie set for her bachelorette party. It's the Fifi pattern from Tilly and the Buttons.  
Be sure to pop on over to Meg's blog, your head will be spinning with inspiration! 

Next up is the beautiful Caroline of www.4-sisters.blogspot.com. She is one lady who is not afraid to take on a challenge. 
Inspired by the show Mad Men, she made this incredible striped coat. I especially enjoyed the unexpected pop of color in the lining.

I don't know about you, but when I put a lot of work into a garment, especially work that isn't going to show once the piece is completed, I always think that it would be fun to just walk around with the insides on the outside. See world, I did a lot of work!!! Well, Caroline finished her coat, but I just couldn't resist showing off her work.   
Caroline commented that she had too many special pieces of clothing and not enough casual pieces, so she made this fun Burda top. I really like the style lines of this top. Hmmm, this is nothing more than a number of rectangles. I see a Fabulous Free Pattern Friday piece brewing ;)
As I said, she's not afraid of a challenge, so she took on the task of making a great pair of jeans. Success!!!! Even the dreaded back view is just spot on. I want those jeans!
On a very sad note, Caroline recently lost her mother and she has not been blogging for a couple of months. When we've experienced a loss in our lives, it can really sap our creativity, but as I'm sure many of you know, getting ourselves back into doing something creative can also help with healing. I hope that you'll take a moment to go to Caroline's blog, leave a note and encourage her to return. I'm sure she would appreciate knowing that we care. 

Have a wonderful day!
Rhonda 




Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, Rhonda! You're too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly my pleasure. I had such a blast going through your blog :)

      Delete
  2. love Meg's jumpsuit. I bought that pattern recently and feel that I made the right choice.

    ReplyDelete