f

Friday, December 19, 2014

The Sewaholic Robson Trench Sew Along

The next post for the Sewaholic Robson Trench Coat is up on the Sew News blog. It was posted rather late this afternoon and sadly, the video did not get attached. Hopefully, I will be able to get them to attach the video this upcoming Monday.
In this post I talk about a little different treatment of the shoulder seams than what is stated in the pattern. In the picture below, you see that I have sewn the seams on the outside of the coat. When you read the post, you'll see that it makes all the sense in the world to do this.
I also talk about the collar. When you lay the under collar over the top collar, you'll see that the top collar is larger. This is not a mistake and the top collar should not be cut down to match the under collar. I explain more about the collar in the post.
We talk about sewing the flaps and properly placing them on the coat, attaching the collar and sewing the shoulder tabs. I'm really pleased with how my coat is turning out. Can't wait to wear it!
You can find the post HERE. Again, my apologies for the missing video, but we should be able to have it up on Monday.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

7 comments: