f

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Sewaholic Robson Trench Coat Sew Along/Week 4

The final week of the sew along! The new post is up on the Sew News blog and you can find it HERE.
As you can see, my coat is not quite finished. I still need to add the buttons, buttonholes and the belt. But I am so very pleased with how it has turned out. The black cotton velvet accents the fabric perfectly. Even my husband has commented on what a great coat it is.
The buttons have been ordered, but I'm not quite sure if I want a belt with a buckle or a tie belt. Once I get the buttons on, I'll decide.
The written post is much more detailed than the video. In the post I talk about the sleeves and adding the sleeve tabs, the facings, belt loops and the buttonhole placement. In the video, I show you how to tie a perfect bow. I run into people all the time who tell me that they have a difficult time tying bows, so I thought you might like to learn how I tie my bows.
If you would like to take a look at the video, I've added it below.



For those of you who are saving the project for a later date, the videos have been attached to all 4 weeks. Here are links to;
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3 
Week 4
I did 2 extra posts on;
Pockets 
Sleeves

I hope you'll give the trench coat a try. It's a great pattern and I think you'll enjoy having the coat in your wardrobe.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

14 comments:

  1. That. Coat. Is. Fabulous! Love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, It's a Work of Art, Rhonda!!! Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, The coat is stunning! Your fabrics are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! I have a million trench patterns in all my old Burda mags. Do you think the Robson is better? I have never made one but I do like to wear them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! From where did you get the fabric?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I bought the faces fabric at Vogue Fabrics here in Chicago.

      Delete
  6. Stunning! This is a real show stopper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! The fabric is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your coat is gorgeous I love the fabric....Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking magnificent. It will be a real head Turner when you wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I LOVE that coat - fab-u-lous. Have a great Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your coat looks absolutely gorgeous. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am madly in love with your fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so surprised at the Flicker Group turnout. I suppose because I am so in love with this coat pattern I thought dozens of other ladies would be also :-(. Oh well. Lone soldier that I am I am forging on.

    I am awaiting beautiful donated buttons from my cyber friend in Vancouver. She was one of the original testers of the Robson. Within the next few days should be my reveal. Funny, since I started my Robson it's warmed up here in Florida, duh.

    Still, I trudge on for I love my Robson.

    Cheers,

    Lyric
    https://www.sewlyricallyvintage.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete