f

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The Sewaholic Robson Coat Sew Along Week 2

The first of 2 posts for this week's sew along is up on the Sew News blog. One issue I found that I felt might cause a problem for some, was the sleeve. Take a look at the first picture of my finished coat and you will see that the sleeve sits very flat across the cap. This could cause a tight fir across the top of the arm and make the coat pull and be uncomfortable.
photo 4 Robson Coat Sew Along Week 2
In the picture below, you see the altered sleeve. Please forgive me, it's not perfectly set into the armhole, but you can see that the sleeve cap is no longer flat.

Altering the sleeve cap for more fullness is quite easy to do. I have done a detailed post which you can find on the Sew News blog HERE.
In the meantime, if you would like to watch the video episode for this week, I've attached the video below.

There will be a second post this week that will cover princess line seams, attaching the bias tape and top stitching. As soon as it's up, I'll let you know.
Next week I will do a detailed post on constructing the pocket.

Be sure to check out the Sew News blog as they have started their annual 12 Days of Christmas Give Aways. Over the next 12 days, a new item will be given away everyday. Why not try and win your own Christmas present?!!!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

2 comments:

  1. I loved this video and am still wishing I was making the jacket with you. Also love the pattern of the fabric. What kind of fabric is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny. The fabric is actually a home dec piece. It really translated well to a trench coat. Wait until you see the fabric I'm
      Using for the sew along, if you haven't seen it already. It's really great :)

      Delete