f

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Sewaholic Robson Coat Sew Along

How's your Robson coat coming along? The post on working with princess line seams is up on the Sew News blog and you can find it HERE. The post also talks about binding the seams and top stitching. The video was initially attached to the post I did on altering the sleeve, so in the off chance that you haven't see the video, I've attached it below.



On Wednesday of this week, I will be doing a post on constructing the pockets and on Friday, we'll work on the collar, flaps and tabs. By then you'll be well on your way to completing the coat.
If you are interested, there is a Flickr group and you can find it HERE.
Until our next post,
Sew On!!!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. Excellent video, Rhonda! Lovely presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings,

    Thank you for posting this "How are you doing . . . ."? Excitedly I joined the Flickr group; however, upon my last inspection participation has been . . . well sparse. I had a couple of questions, I posed them there to no avail (again, last I looked).

    Finally, I went ahead and dived in. I was awaiting a response before cutting my coat. Well, I could wait no longer it had gotten to be the 15th. I cut it and the lining out yesterday. This morning I combined the back, biased and pressed and have pinned together the pocket pieces. When I return home I will baste them and keep it moving.

    Again, thank YOU for keeping up with us via asking.

    Cheers,

    Lyric
    http://sewlyricallyvintage.wordpress.com/2014/11/01/robson-coat/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Lyric, If you have any questions, stop by my blog and leave them. I will be able and happy to answer them from here. I have a post on constructing the pocket coming up later today. I will link to it on my blog, so you'll know when it is up.

      Delete
  3. Too hot to make a coat right now, but I'm saving these posts for winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was told that they would leave the posts up as well as the videos. So hopefully when you are ready to make the coat, my notes will be available. But if you have a question, you are always welcome to ask.

      Delete
  4. Rhondaaaaa,

    I am about to kill my Robson with mistakes. The sleeve is NOT fitting into the armscyce like it should. I do not know where I went wrong. http://sewlyricallyvintage.wordpress.com/2015/01/07/robson-sleeve-issues/; will you please take a look at what I'm dealing with and help?

    Thank you,

    Lyric

    ReplyDelete