f

Monday, December 8, 2014

Monday Morning Inspiration

Today's inspiration piece was found purely by accident. Believe it or not, I was looking for inspiring belt ideas and somehow, I found John Petrey.  Accident, divine intervention, who knows, and it really doesn't matter, I was so taken with his work, so I just had to share it. He believes, that "Imagination is the most powerful tool that humans possess." His "clothing" is not wearable, but it does spur imagination. Each piece is constructed from found objects, roofing tile, reclaimed wood, old signs, bottle caps. You can find his website here, http://www.johnpetrey.com/index.html Please take a look.
Below is a picture of the artist along with all of his little dresses, followed by his artist statement.
We are in a season  where imagination reigns, so I thought this was very fitting. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
I've added a short video at the end where he talks about his work. It's only 6 minutes long and I think it's well worth a look.
John Petrey at his art studio
Since 1981, I've been creating art that stirs the emotions
of the viewer. As I've grown as an artist, my work
has become more of an expression of my soul.

Images in nature, art, and new technology all influence me.
I'm especially intrigued by the moments in life that catch my eye,
random ideas that erupt in my mind, and words people say
that just hang in the air.

I'm constantly re-formulating the process of my creative thinking.
I'll observe something that strikes a chord with me,
tuck it away in my mind, and later it becomes an inspiration to me.
As a result, my art can be lighthearted and whimsical or deeply symbolic.







SMGrnNepalrolled





"Making somebody smile, what more can you ask for?"
I hope your day is full of smiles and lots of inspiration!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments: