f

Friday, January 31, 2014

Rag Bin Fleece Skirt Pictures

It has been snowing almost nonstop since Wednesday night, so Mother Nature decided that I didn't need to take pictures yesterday afternoon. We have had over 2 feet of snow in the last 36 hours. Amazing!! There are still a few flakes in the air, so the dots you may notice are not lint, just snow. The pictures aren't the best, but at least you can see how the skirt fits. I really like this skirt...a lot. If you've never made a fleece skirt, give it a try. I think you might like it as much as I like mine.
Yesterday I talked about the fact that I would like to add a few more leaves. Now that the skirt is on me, I think you can see what I mean. It just needs a bit more embellishment. 
A side picture, also very difficult to see, but if you look closely, you can see that the leaves work their way to the back at the hem,
You can't see the back yoke, but you can see that the back fits nicely. I was very happy with how well the back yoke worked out.
You may remember the top that I'm wearing from this Sleeves On Saturdays post. It's one of my favorite tops. I call the sleeve the Bending Willow Sleeve. It's super easy to draft.
I left the irregular hemline that the coat had. I always like a little interest at the hem. So all in all, a project that I'm very happy with.
Thanks for stopping by!!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

7 comments:

  1. What a clever idea to make a skirt out of fleece, and the embellishments add that perfect touch! HOW much snow have you had? I guess you heard about the disaster when we got two inches in Atlanta...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Rhonda, la falda es preciosa con las aplicaciones de flores y hojas, pero el top es verdaderamente espectacular. El paisaje parece un de cuento de hadas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is absolutely beautiful here. A LOT of snow, but beautiful.

      Delete
  3. Fleece is great choice for a freezing weather... Brrr cold just looking at you. Great outfit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the pictures!! Now I feel I really get it. I'm thinking dress...with embellishments just like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A warm fleece skirt that is pretty. And it looks great with your top. Love your snowy pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun and cute!

    Hugs and happy highways,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete