f

Sunday, July 14, 2013

One More Walk Away Post

I just received a cute message from Brenda, "Apparently I'm a little obsessed with this idea, since I just remembered this resource too."
I found Brenda's link extremely interesting and thought that you might as well, so I wanted to do one last post on this type of dress. 
You can read about this project on Alabama Chanin's blog here, http://alabamachanin.com/journal/2012/09/diy-thursday-andrea-zittel-smockshop/
There is a link to the pattern which does not work. But what you can do is order the catalog and the pattern is included for only $10.00. Here is a link to ordering a catalog from the exhibit,  http://www.pratt.edu/about_pratt/exhibitions/pratt_manhattan_gallery/catalogs_for_sale/
I always say that there is more than one way to do just about anything :) So.....good luck!!!!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rhonda, I believe that Silhouette Patterns also offers a similar pattern called the "Runaway Dress"....Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could imagine that there are a few versions of this style around as it is just so flattering to the body - and soooo easy to wear - double bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that Alabama Chanin is one beautiful dress! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if you had a chance to read about the project, but I thought it was really interesting.

      Delete