f

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Me Made May Sunday

I haven't posted my garments for a few days as I had a raging headache that really did me in for a couple of days. I did dress and I did get out, but only for what I really needed to do.  The rules of Me Made May are to take a picture everyday, I did not, but I am going to recreate the outfits and be fine with it. I wore the clothes, I just didn't take the pictures on the days that I wore them. 
This outfit I did wear today. The coat is not right with the dress, but I needed more than the shawl that I had planned to wear. It is soooo very cold in Chicago today. It's a very pretty day, just terribly cold. So as I ran out the door to go to church, I grabbed the coat, knowing that it really didn't work with the dress, but I decided to just own it and revel in the fact that I was warm. Man, pink shoes and an orange coat. Now that's a look!!!! Hey, I'm warm :-)  I made this coat a number of years ago. It's from a Vogue pattern. It might still be in the catalogue, I'm just not sure. Actually, I just looked and it is not there. Too bad as it is a very nice pattern. The fabric was from a friend. It had actually belonged to her mother. I just love it. The flower pin on the collar I made from ribbon.
The dress is one you've seen before. I wore it and blogged about it last Easter. You can see that post here. I wore the dress with a big hat that was such fun to wear, not a miss matched coat like I did today!!
Hope you're having a lovely Sunday!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

18 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful coat-orange suits you. I love the dress also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. I really love bright, clear colors.

      Delete
  2. You know I love that coat, but the dress is from before I discovered your blog - I adore it! And I went back and read your hat post, and now I need to go check out Soutache!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe that you have never been to Soutache. You are going to love it!

      Delete
  3. Of course the coat matched. Just yeserday I was in a designers shop and they had a story going of orange and hot pink together. Looks fresh. Love the dress. Hope the headache is gone now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when I get those headaches as I'm just about debilated for 2 days. Heat on my head seems to help though. Thankfully they don't happen that often.
      Now that you mention the orange and pink pairings, I've remembered a piece of two sides fabric that I have, it's a melon on one side and hot pink on the other. Here I thought that I looked like a goof!!!!

      Delete
  4. Actually I like the coat with the dress--like a wild tropical bouquet. Elle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great coat, dress, and shoes, too! I am glad your sun is at least shining in this chilly weather. We are getting it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are probably getting the rain we had for 2 days. Just hold on, the sun is coming! We're supposed to have 80 degree temps here on Wednesday, so hold on a little more and you'll be warm too!!

      Delete
  6. Yes, I agree with Vicki. In the photos, it all seems to belong. And you of course look chic as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lurve the dress! Your coat is gorgeous, but I lurve your dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really enjoy this dress too. The fabric has such a fun print.

      Delete
  8. love the print on that dress, and the coat is beautiful - our weather is a bit hit and miss too - fingers crossed it decides to be a hit on Saturday. Hope the headache is better now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be thinking about you all week and sending lots of positive vibes your way for a picture perfect day! Hope you are able to relax a little and enjoy this week.

      Delete
  9. I'm glad you are feeling better - it's no fun when pain strikes. I think the shoes have pink in them, as does the dress, and as it was a cold day, I think it would have added a nice touch of cheer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a bright spring outfit for such a cold day! Relax and enjoy

    ReplyDelete