f

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Nothing Like Waiting Until The Last Minute

A few of you seemed to like the fact that I had put a little blue dye in my hair. I wish I could show you what it looked like, but sadly, it's all gone. My hairdresser had told me that it would lighten up each time I washed my hair and that it would eventually just fade away. It's been almost three months and it's really all gone. There is a very slight hint of the color, but it would never show up on a picture.
I just found out that you can take pastels, the oil based chalk and color your hair. Once you've put the color where you would like, set it with hairspray. Wow! I really like that idea, color without it being permanent. I'm going to give it a try next week. If it works, I will definitely post pictures. I am still running around with feathers in my hair.
There's a fat pink one, a smaller blue one and a thin yellow and brown one. I have really enjoyed the feathers. I think I'm going to take them out during the Christmas holidays and then put them back in the first of the year....along with a few more, OMG and probably a few strings of beads!!!! I think my American Indian ancestors would be quite proud of me. Like I said, we only live once.


Every year in preparation for our fashion show, the sewing group that I belong to, the Haute Couture Club of Chicago, does a group project. The fashion show chairperson (which is me this year) chooses a pattern and presents it to the group. Everyone is invited to make up the pattern in the fabric of their choice and do whatever they would like to add their own touch. With the help of a friend, I chose this Sandra Betzina pattern, Vogue 1097.
To give everyone a little push, we usually have a little contest at our holiday party. The party is this Saturday!!! I've been on vacation during the Thanksgiving holidays, so I've been away and unable to sew. The last night of my vacation, I laid out the pattern and at least got it cut.
The fabric I chose for the coat is a type of ultrasuede. The lighting was really bad. The colors in the fabric are not so yellow. 
So, at least I have it cut and ready to go. I have until 3 o'clock on Saturday to get it finished. Time is ticking! I'll post pictures when it's finished.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

2 comments:

  1. You are a woman after my own heart, Rhonda...blue dye, then feathers? OMG indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it sounds fierce! That's a raincoat that's on my todo list. I look forward to seeing it made up.

    ReplyDelete