f

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Morning Inspiration

Some years back, I realized that I was throwing away far too many magazines that I just didn't have time to read. So I asked myself which of all the magazines I enjoyed the most and the answer was easy, Vogue. When my current issue of Vogue arrives, it's bath time (I do take a bath more than once a month by the way). I love to draw a hot bath and put in a "tea pouch" from Mighty Leaf. Their bath pouches are so lovely and the aroma is so relaxing. To be honest, I enjoy reading the articles in Vogue probably even more than the photographs. Now I know that sounds a little like "I read Playboy for the articles (oh sure)," but I REALLY do enjoy the articles.
I read a book review on "The Collection" by Goia Diliberto. It's a beautifully written novel about a young woman who goes to Paris to work for Chanel. The review peaked my interest so I bought the book and loved it. I found out that Goia lives in Chicago and we were able to have her come and speak at out holiday party for Haute Couture a few years ago. Thanks Vogue Magazine! She was in negotiations to have her book made into a movie. These things can take a while. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for her.

I do buy other magazines from time to time, but I no longer have subscriptions, except for Vogue. What a wonderful discovery to find the blog, Dust Jacket Attic. I have no idea where she finds all of the pictures that she posts, but it is a daily delight for me. She will have the most wonderful fashion photos from Australian Vogue, and so many others. She does two posts per day. One post has numerous pictures and the second is called "Image of the Day." Click on the above link. I think you'll be happy that you did.
Another blog that I enjoy is Grosgrain. It's a little quirky, but lots of fun. The woman who writes the blog is a 30 something mom of three little girls. She usually does about three posts per day. In order to receive all the posts, you must become a follower on her blog, otherwise you will only be able to see the main blog post. I have been inspired by the ideas that she finds. Many are not exactly for me, but I love looking at the pictures. There have been great hairstyle ideas and makeup ideas. Last year she did a segment on sweaters that she bought at thrift stores and then refashioned. It was fun to see what she came up with. Again, not exactly for me, but fun ideas nonetheless.
My last blog recommendation today is "MY Happy Sewing Place."  Her name is Debi and she is adorable. She is in love with vintage patterns. I also love her photographs. She is from Edinburgh, Scotland. I have never been to Scotland. I soooo want to go, so her photographs are like little mini trips for me. If you've been following my blog for a while, you'll remember from my post "Celtic Dreams" that I am Scot, Irish and American Indian. I probably shouldn't admit this, but there's nothing like a man in a kilt for me and I have a passion for redheaded kids and black dogs. Now is the time to check out Debi's blog, she is sponsoring a giveaway, a wonderful vintage pattern. There's a part of me that doesn't want to share this with you as I would really like to win the pattern, but as I said, she's adorable and I would rather share her with you than keep her all to myself.
So just a few things to inspire. I'll be back with more.
Have a WONDERFUL day!
Rhonda 



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rhonda,
    Thank you so much for the note and for the lovely words here, I do appreciate it.

    I was looking at the post above with your dog ... so sweet. We have a Rhodesian Ridgeback who is just gorgeous and is best friends with our horse!
    xxx DJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the lovely comments! I've been lvoing your dresses!!! xoxoxox Debi

    ReplyDelete